Sunday Morning Reflections and Baby Milo

This post ran on Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep’s Facebook page on Friday. It’s one of the best posts I’ve ever read, hitting hard on a most painful topic. If Baby Milo could have told his story, this probably is what he would have shared. Thanks to an incredibly creative writer and the spirit of a NILMDTS photographer, Baby Milo’s spirit and the hope and dreams of his parents will be around for years to come, remembering in a series of incredibly powerful images.

Today is the last day for the Sevenly campaign wiht NILMDTS and your chance to raise awareness for NILMDTS along with the funding they need to grow and keep supporting the amazing charter they’ve taken on. Here’s the link and your opportunity to help and I can’t think of a better post for Sunday morning!

And, if you can keep a dry eye you’re far tougher than I am…
My name is Milo Juniper Willer and my mommy and daddy struggled with infertility and miscarriage for five years before learning that they were pregnant with my twin sister Matilda Plum and me! They were both overjoyed and cautious about us; they hoped that we were finally the babies who would make it to their arms.

To their relief Mati and I made it through the first trimester. However, my parents traded in their reprieve from worry for heartbreak when they learned at our 18-week ultrasound that I had multicystic kidneys and as a result, had little amniotic fluid around me. The doctor told them that without amniotic fluid my lungs would not develop. I likely would be stillborn or would die shortly after birth. Despite my diagnosis, I was determined to be sure that my twin sister made it to the world safely and to give my mom and dad the chance to meet me. So that’s what I did.

On February 8th, 2013 at 10:30 a.m. Matilda was born and at 10:31 a.m. I made my grand entrance. Before she could get a word in, I let out a giant cry announcing my presence. She was as perfect as could be, and I was too in my own way. The doctors tried their best to help me, but as suspected, my lungs were not strong or fixable.

I wanted to spend as much time as possible with my family, so I hung around as long as I could. We cuddled, read stories, and our photographer from Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep took hundreds of pictures of us. All of this love made me so tired and so at 1:31, three hours after I was born, I say goodbye. Even though I can’t be with them today, my spirit lives in the pictures around their house, in my twin sister, and in the hearts of all who hear my story. Thank you for listening.

With love and peace,



About Author

Comments are closed.